Christian Dior first introduced Animal Print to the runways in the 1940’s. Since then, it has become a major player in the world of fashion. It can be found in every style of clothing and accessory type, and is an absolute must in every woman’s wardrobe. Care must be taken when wearing this trend, as it may appear unsophisticated when incorporated without thought. It can be a challenge to style, but with these tips, you will be sure to look your best in the timeless trend of Animal Print.
1. DO think of Animal Print as a neutral, something to dress up and pair with bright colors and subtle patterns.
2. DON’T mix animal prints. Pick your animal and wear it. Too many animals can look like overkill at a safari.
3. DO incorporate animal print accessories as part of your wardrobe, especially if you are just beginning to explore this trend.
4. DON’T be afraid to match animal prints with themselves. Meaning if you are wearing a pair of leopard print shoes, you can wear a leopard print bangle, belt, scarf or even carry a animal print handbag.
5. DO attempt to balance the boldness of animal print with a bright solid color. It really is as simple as choosing your favorite color! In addition, if your animal print is TOO bold, definitely tone it down with other pieces in shades pulled from the print.
6. DO choose classic pieces when wearing this trend. Animal print is an extremely daring print, so incorporating it into a simple dress or skirt that complements your figure could be very flattering.
7. DON’T be afraid to wear animal print in a different shade other than the way it looks in nature. These days, animal print comes in different colors that make it easy to find your favorite!
8. DO remember to stay age appropriate. A bright colored animal print top may be appropriate in your twenties, but not so much when you are forty. Aging well does not just include taking care of your body, but dressing your body in ways that complement where you are in your life’s journey.
These days, animal print is everywhere. It is sexy, magnetic and absolutely makes an impact. Animal print has evolved from “eveningwear” to “daywear” to “workplace attire.” It conveys confidence, power and strength through the person wearing it. So go for it. Play with it, experiment. See where this animal print safari will take you! Chicastic has a large variety of animal print accessories.