Scarves are one of the most popular accessories for women. They are available in multiple colors, patterns, and fabrics. Silk and chiffon scarves are best for summer, while pashminas and woolen ones are more suitable for cooler seasons. The versatility of scarves allows them to be worn with many different outfits, just by changing the way you tie them. Not only do they provide warmth and comfort, but they add that punch of color or finishing touch that truly makes an outfit. Most of them are long rectangular or oblong shaped, so the following tips will be for these types of scarves.
- Wrap once around your neck and let the ends drape down your shoulders for a simple and elegant look.
- Coil your hair in a bun at the nape of your neck. Tie the scarf around your head like a headband and wrap the ends around the bun for a stylish and fuss free hairstyle.
- Let the scarf hang around your neck with the ends hanging over your shoulders. Tie a knot in the middle of both ends to create weight that keeps the scarf secure. For another option, hold both ends in one hand with the vertex in the middle of your chest and tie a knot there for a feminine spin on a tie.
- Silk can hold its shape better than chiffon. Wrap the scarf around your neck two or three times to create a sculptured circle around your neck. Pin the ends together and tuck underneath the circle to imitate an infinity scarf.
- With a formal dress, simply wrapping it around your shoulders is elegant enough.
- Tie the scarf around the handle of your satchel purse to dress it up.
- Fold the scarf in half lengthwise once, and one more time to create a longer and thinner scarf that you can wrap similar to a knitted scarf. This is perfect for when you want a thicker scarf for warmth but need something with a little more shape.
- Drape one half of the scarf around one of your shoulders while wrapping the other half around your neck. This is perfect for the days when it is too warm to wear a sweater, but still breezy enough to feel a little cold. This looks great with jeans and a tank top.
- Fold the scarf in half and drape it around your neck. Place the folded side to the center and pull the ends of the scarf through the loop created. Let the ends hang down loose.