Filling an entire wardrobe is a very personal process. You can still hold to your own personal style while incorporating these major wardrobe staples.
Everyone’s wardrobe is unique. We all have a personal style all our own that dictate which fashions appeal to us and which trends we choose to keep up with. But that doesn’t mean that wardrobe staples are completely out of the question. The purpose of owning a staple piece is not to redefine your style but for the purpose of always being prepared. Any of the following items can be personalized, whether it be in embellishment or enhanced design. No matter what, these wardrobe staples will help you out in a pinch and will ensure that your wardrobe is complete.
1. Black pumps. These babies are incredibly useful and versatile. Perfect for a night out, an evening dinner, or even the office, these shoes are incredibly useful and are always in. Black goes with absolutely everything and is both seductive as well as professional. They really come in handy if you have a last minute occasion to get ready for; they match everything and are incredibly adaptable, not to mention totally hot.
2. An evening dress. Speaking of last minute occasions, it’s always a good idea to have at least one backup “fancy” outfit. You never know if you’ll be invited out to an elegant dinner, an important business function, or even a wedding. Having a nice dress to wear will definitely come in handy. Especially for those of us who rarely go to these things, it’s always good to have one dress on hand because an occasion will undoubtedly pop up and looking for a dress last minute is never a stress reliever.
3. A day dress. Again, for last minute occasions, dates, etc. Sometimes certain events or venues call for it and it’s always good to have one on hand.
4. An interview outfit. These are essential. Even if you aren’t looking for a job, it’s good to keep one concrete outfit on hand. You can mix and match the pieces to use in other outfits to get maximum use out of it as well.
5. A statement piece of jewelry. These accessories say a lot about our personality and our style. Not only that but they can dress up and add oomph to just about any outfit. Whether you’re accenting an evening dress, an interview outfit, or even a basic tee and jeans, a statement piece will go a long way.
If you don’t already own any of these staple pieces, keep an eye out, and when you find one that particularly catches your eye or your specific sense of style, then snag it! You never know when you’ll come by one again, and chances are you won’t if you need to find a particular piece at the last minute. It’s always better to have it ready.