Accessories can be useful when traveling if you know how to choose wisely. Here are some basics to make sure you feel prepared as well as chic.
It’s always good to feel prepared. No matter where you’re going, it is always advantageous to have some basics with you. When you are planning a day trip, it’s always good to have enough to carry what you need and to pack anything you might need on the go.
1. Travel bags. You can’t pack anything without the tools you need to carry it all. Before you go anywhere, you need to assess how much you’ll need based on how long you plan on being gone. Travel bags can range from small backpacks to medium sized weekenders to full on duffel bags or suitcases. You may need to mix and match sizes, but always make sure to keep your essentials in an easy to access spot. You’ll still want to keep them safe but things such as your wallet, phone, and other things like chapstick should be in an easily accessible pocket or bag.
2. Speaking of the basic essentials you’ll want to keep in an easy to get to area, you might want to bring those things! Chapstick, makeup basics for quick touchups, quick cash for emergencies, tissues and hand sanitizer are all useful items for day traveling.
3. How about some real accessories? If you’ll be moving around, you probably don’t want to be bogged down with too much jewelry, such as chunky bracelets, rings or heavy necklaces. Traveling can be pretty stressful, but that doesn’t mean you can’t accessorize! Choose light pieces, such as a simple chain necklace and a charm bracelet. Light weight and subtle pieces will still help you feel dressed up and a bit glam without weighing you down.
4. A scarf. You never know when one of these might come in handy. If you’re traveling using various forms of transportation, you never know if the train you hop on will be a bit frigid or if it will suddenly start to drizzle while you’re waiting in line at the bus station. You can also use a scarf to wrap around your do if the humidity suddenly spikes.
5. A light jacket. Whether it’s a blazer, a light sweater or cardigan, it’s useful to keep one of these handy. Again, you never know what the temperatures will be like if you’re traveling from place to place. Choose a jacket that will complement your outfit and perhaps others on your trip. Being able to reuse items from your travel outfit on your trip can be super helpful, especially since it means packing just a little bit less.
Find great accessories for your day trip at Chicastic.