One of the most iconic bathing suits is the red high cut bathing suit from Baywatch. Many gorgeous woman rocked that lifeguard look including Pamela Anderson and Yasmine Bleeth. For this throwback Thursday we took inspiration from this suit and … Continue reading
Tag Archives: beach totes
What to Wear to a Water Park
Water parks are a great way to beat the summer heat. From water slides to the lazy river, there’s something for everyone. Usually a trip to the water park is a whole day event, so what should you wear? When … Continue reading
Free Tote Bag!
We’re excited to offer this free tote bag with a purchase of 50 dollars or more (not including shipping). These multicolor striped canvas bags are perfect for beach days, picnics, or any day you need a large tote. It’s available … Continue reading
Spring Break Essentials
Spring break is around the corner. Forget about the current cold weather and think about your trip to someplace sunny and warm. It’s time to start getting some of your spring break essentials ready for your vacation. Shorts and tank … Continue reading
Summer to Fall Totes
September is just around the corner. It’s so hard to let go of our fun summer clothes and accessories. Soon it will be too cold for sandals and tank tops, but we don’t have to say goodbye to summer entirely. … Continue reading
Outfit of the Week- Purple Beach Coverup to Evening Look
A beautiful day at the beach is often followed by a relaxing dinner at a restaurant. Make it easy on yourself and wear items that will transition easily. This purple batik print cotton tunic is a fun coverup for when … Continue reading
When to Wear the Multi-Color Striped Canvas and Crochet Lace Tote Handbag
We all want a tote that we can use for special outings. Try this fun multicolor tote on your next day trip. With every season comes a slew of handbags that are best for the weather and the ambiance. And … Continue reading
There’s a handbag for every occasion. And there’s certainly one for the beach!
Summer is just around the corner and it’s time to start preparing for those warm couple of months. Not only do certain accessories become prominent this time of year but so do certain destinations that you’ll need some of those accessories for, like the beach of course. Whether you have access to a beach or are planning to visit some tropical destination, you’ll need the perfect bag to suit your summer outing.
Beach bags come in all shapes and sizes, though they typically run large. This is because a day at the beach requires that you bring a lot of unique necessities with you. You will typically need a bag large enough to hold an extra change of clothes, plenty of sunscreen, water bottles to stay hydrated, any backup hair accessories to fix post-ocean swimming hair, snacks, shoes or sandals, a coverup or maybe a book or magazine to read while laying out and basking in the sun. Not to mention you might also want to bring other things you may want, like makeup or even a large towel if you don’t want to hold it. Most beach bags are capable of holding all of these things.
A typical oversized beach bag can be a large tote in any color of your choosing, though any of the colors of the year would do nicely for the season. These bags are made to hold a lot and do so with relative grace. Tote bags are great for any sort of day trips, including picnics or other outdoor gatherings that require a significant amount of stuff to be brought. They are more than perfect for beach outings as well. You can have fun with prints and patterns. Go with a nautical striped pattern in cream and navy, choose a light floral print or a festive paisley pattern
Large bags can come in other styles as well. Some large weekenders may be just the right size if you’re planning on bringing a lot of things, and come in various sizes if you need. They are also made to be extremely durable so if you’re planning on packing a lot or for a lot of people, this sort of bag should be your go to.
But not all bags have to be large. You can bring a small crossbody for your wallet and small tube of sunscreen, maybe a book, if you’re looking to pack light. These are best if you’re not planning on necessarily looking to camp out for the entire day. Feel free to choose a light colored crossbody in a fun crochet or perhaps even a trendy pleather bag with frayed fringe.
Find the perfect beach bag for you at Chicastic.
What to Carry in Your Beach Tote
A day trip to the beach can be a bit demanding when it comes to packing. Make sure you have some of the essentials on hand in your beach tote before you head out for the day.
Going to the beach can be a bit of an ordeal. Most of the time, it’s the day’s main activity, meaning you’ll be there for most of a morning, afternoon or evening. So what are you going to bring? If you’re planning on going anywhere for an extended period of time, it’s always smart to pack appropriately. Especially a location like the beach, where there may not be items readily for purchase in the case of an emergency, be sure to at least keep the following items in your tote bag!
1. Bathing Suit or Change of Clothes. Whether you wear your bathing suit to the beach or need to change into one once you get there, make sure to pack it or the clothes you’ll need once you leave. You never know if you’ll need to change out of a wet suit or go somewhere after the beach so always be prepared by packing a basic outfit with you as well.
2. Coverup. This can be an alternative to bringing a change of clothes and is a bit more convenient. A suit coverup can help you transition between the beach and the boardwalk or anywhere else you may go after your day trip.
3. Towel. You don’t want to get caught at the beach without your towel! These serve more than one purpose, either as your seat on the sand and/or your method of drying off after taking a dip in the ocean.
4. Sunscreen. This is possibly one of the more important items to keep on you. Even if you’ve lathered up before arriving, it’s always good to reapply every half hour or hour, especially if you’ve gone swimming. In addition, a tube of SPF chapstick is a great thing to keep on hand as well. Your lips are just as likely to get sunburned as the rest of you.
5. Water. In a place so hot, it’s important to stay hydrated!
6. Snacks. Just as important as staying hydrated, it’s just as vital to make sure you’ve had enough to eat! Sitting in the sun can easily drain your energy and it’s good to make sure you’re properly nourished throughout the day.
7. Hat. In addition to sunscreen, a hat can help protect your scalp and face from any unwanted sun and potential sunburns. Many of us forget to protect our scalps and may find it painful to brush our hair the day after visiting the beach. These also come in handy once you’ve been sitting in the sun for a while and feel tired of squinting.
Remember, you aren’t limited to these items! Feel free to pack whatever else you think you may need like makeup essentials for basic touch ups, hair ties, books, magazines, tissues, or even accessories.
Find great beach totes, caps, and other accessories at Chicastic.