Sometimes we feel we wear out our winter coats before the season’s out, and with good reason. The cold weather forces us into outerwear everyday and our coats are just as big a part of our outfits as the rest … Continue reading
Time to trade in your floppy summer hat for a slouchy winter beanie. With so many stylish hats and caps available, there is one for every personality! Hats are a great way to express yourself and your style! As long as the hat is properly fitted to your head, you will always walk away looking amazing!
The most popular hat for winter is the beanie. It comes in a wide variety of knits, styles, and colors. Some are embellished with sports logos, some with a pom-pom, and some even have sequins and beads sewn into them! They can fit tightly over your head or slouch down towards the back. They are warm, durable, and are very practical aside from being a fashion staple. These look best with casual day wear outfits.
Another well known style is the ski hat. Fashioned much like the beanie, it has built in ear warmers hanging on both sides and knitted strings to tie it under your chin. They are a favorite for those who do not want to carry earmuffs with them. Available in every color imaginable, you can also find these with a mohawk knitted into it which is a very popular style among kids and teens. These caps are more of an every day hat.
Similar to the ski hat is the bomber hat. Usually lined in fur and normally used by hunters and trappers, lighter versions lined in fleece are also available for those of us who do not spend our days in the woods. Pair with a denim jacket, shorts and knitted tights.
Cloche hats are extremely stylish. They have been around since the early 1900’s and bring a sense of femininity and class that today’s fashion world is lacking. Wear with dresses or slim fitting pantsuits for a classic look.
Fedoras are another timeless style of hat. Consider them the “blue jeans” of the millinery world. They look great with almost anything, and everyone looks good wearing one. Just remember that fedoras are more of a daytime look for women.
Newsboy caps or driving caps are very fashionable. Flat on top and fitted with a small brim, they can be angled to anyone’s advantage. Pair with skinny jeans and a dramatic scarf for a chic outfit.
Remember that simplicity is key. Hats become the focal point of any outfit, so be sure not to pile on the accessories when wearing one. Keep the rest of your outfit sleek and you will look great!
To learn more about hats or to find one of your own, please visit Chicastic now!
The warm winds of summer are making way for the cool breezes of fall. There is no need to buy a completely new closet full of clothes to prepare for the cold. Adding a few essentials will not only save you money, but transform an entire closet! Update your wardrobe for the changing seasons with these simple tips.
1. Knitted fabrics are crawling from the back of the closet to the forefront! The easiest way to transition through the awkward stage between summer and fall is to throw on a pashmina scarf over your sundress! As the air becomes crisper, a sweater dress in a deep jewel tone worn with boots is sexy, yet covered up and weather appropriate! You can wrap yourself in a knee length sweater coat to stay warm, yet fashionable.
2. Boots are considered a fall fashion staple. They come in all styles, sleek and slouchy, canvas or leather, stiletto or flat. No matter what your personality, you can find a boot to fit you and your signature look! Tuck your skinny jeans into your boots for a casual look or wear them with knitted tights and a skirt!
3. The fresh pastels of Spring and Summer are no longer. Fall is the time to enrobe yourself in the rich hues of the season. Pick pieces in a dark chocolate brown, sage green or deep khaki and pair them with beautiful jewel tones like amethyst, maroon, and navy blue.
4. Light and airy silk and cotton fabrics go into hibernation, making way for warmer textiles to come to light. Wool, tweed and corduroy are the favorites for Fall. Wool coats come in every color imaginable. Pair them with tweed slacks for a professional look, or corduroy pants for a more casual ensemble. Flowy scarves make way for heavier woolen wraps.
5. Warm up your hands with a pair gloves! Try leather driving gloves lined in wool, knitted fingerless gloves, or a classic pair of woolen mittens!
6. Put away your straw hat! Cooler temperatures call for something a little more heavy duty! Keep your head warm with a cute bucket hat, a knitted trapper, or a newsboy cap!
7. The number one rule for layering is to stay sleek, not bulky. Try a blazer over a cardigan, a pair of shorts over tights and into boots!
Updating your wardrobe for the changing seasons does not have to break the bank. As long as you keep these key pieces on hand, you will always be ready! For nice pieces of fall fashion accessories, visit Chicastic now and fill up your closet with some fall essentials.