Never feel like you’re forgetting something when you go out ever again. Here is a list of some basic essentials everyone should keep in their purse.
Purses are not simply accessories, they serve a much more practical purpose as well. Though their usage as a viable fashion accessory is definitely a major plus, their ability to hold any number of daily essentials is what is most important. Though handbags differ greatly in size, shape, and capacity, there are 12 things everyone should keep in their purse in order to make sure they are always prepared for anything.
1. First is the most important: your wallet. Make sure your wallet has ID and any important credit cards and some cash with you at all times. Though you should always be sure these things are kept well guarded, you never know when or why you may need them on the road.
2. Tissues. Again, another practical item. These handy bits are usually needed when you can never find one, so make sure you always have an emergency travel size pack with you. They can be used for your nose, of course, but can also help fix makeup smudges or clean up stains quick from your clothing, your handbag or your face and skin.
3. Chapstick. Having chapped lips and no relief can be really uncomfortable. Making sure you have a small stick on you can help prevent dry or red lips.
4. Breath mints. You never know when you’ll need fresh breath! Great for dates or even just grabbing dinner with friends, you never know when you’ll eat something that just doesn’t want to leave your breath. While gum is also an option, breath mints actually do a better job of freshening your breath. Though gum is also minty, it absorbs a lot of the flavors already in your mouth and doesn’t completely get rid of them. Breath mints, however, can get rid of lingering tastes much better and they also freshen your breath, not just your mouth.
5. Makeup essentials. No matter what your makeup routine is for the day, be sure to have some foundation, powder, mascara or eyeliner. If you’re going out for the whole day or going out on a date, you may need to make some minor adjustments. Be sure to have your bare essentials to make those minor, but crucial fixes.
6. A nail file. There’s nothing worse than a broken nail on the run. They can be sharp and even get caught on and tear at your clothing to little or no fault of your own. Having a nail file on hand can really come in handy.
7. A pen. You can’t seem to find a writing utensil when you need to remember something, right? Always having one on hand is always a good idea. And even if you don’t end up using it, you’re sure to run into someone else who will.
8. A sewing kit. You don’t need an entire machine and a clunky box, but there are miniature sewing kits no bigger than a pack of matches. Wardrobe malfunctions usually occur when you least expect it, so be prepared to face the unexpected and meet it with preparedness.
9. Back up jewelry. A ring and a necklace or two can come in handy, especially if the day takes you somewhere unexpected.
10. Hair accessories. You don’t need anything fancy, but a hair elastic and a bobby pin or two can be really useful if your hair is ruined by the weather or if you simply wish to change up your look on the go.
11. A phone charger. In this day and age, we rely on our phones more than ever before. Because we’re so used to having everything stored, we rarely remember important phone numbers in case of an emergency. Be sure to have a phone charger, a charger case, or simply a fully charged phone in case of emergency, or simply boredom.
12. Tampon or pad. This one is rather self explanatory. Be prepared!
Find the perfect sized handbag for all your essentials at Chicastic.