There are a ton of ways to embellish a corset to create the costume of your dreams! If you are a master seamstress, you can probably embroider or sew on your own appliques or decorations freehand. If you are good at painting or drawing, a little fabric paint will go a long way in making a simple solid colored corset stand out. However, not all of us were born with artistic skill or ability. Here is an EASY way to embellish a corset for Halloween!
Decorations (in this case, faux flowers, but you can use rhinestones, sequins, etc.)
1. Decide where you want your decorations to go. Mark the spots with a washable fabric pencil.
2. Follow the directions on your glue gun to make sure the glue is properly heated and ready to go.
3. If using false flowers, cut the stem off right beneath the bud.
4. Put a dab of glue on the underside of the flower. (This way the glue doesn’t get in the wrong spot on the corset.)
5. Place the flower in a spot marked.
That’s it! You’re finished! (this is a simple design, but you get the picture)
Whether you want to go sexy or sweet, an angel Halloween costume is an easy look to pull together, which is good since Halloween is this Saturday. You’ll need lots of white and/or silver, a pair of wings and a … Continue reading →
The prince of thieves is a great Halloween costume. It’s a perfect choice if you’re a fan of green and it comes with some cool props. Start with a green corset. It’s sexy and looks tough, just like Robin Hood. … Continue reading →
For Halloween it’s fun to give some fairytale characters a darker look. Little Red Riding hood is typically a white and red combo, but making it black and red gives it an even sexier vibe. The key items to this … Continue reading →