It goes without saying that you always want to look your best. However, there are times when even your favorite pieces don’t always look quite right on you. And while you love your body, sometimes you need a bit of help to … Continue reading
Gather up all your pinstripe clothing and accessories and create a 1920s gangster Halloween costume. We started the look with a pinstripe underbust corset. It has great style, mimics a vest and is pretty sexy. Underneath it we placed a … Continue reading
Sleeping Beauty dates back to 1959 and the fashion a long time before that. Bodices and full skirts aren’t everyday wear in this decade. For this throwback Thursday we decided to update Aurora’s outfit. We started with a black underbust … Continue reading
Between work, cooking dinner, and commitments you scheduled it’s hard to hit the gym or workout. We know you mean to exercise but sometimes there isn’t enough time in the day. Well we don’t want you to feel too bad … Continue reading
Halloween is just under two months away. It’s time to start coming up with a costume idea and getting all the pieces you need to create it. Planning this far ahead is crucial if you want to make your own … Continue reading
Renaissance faires are a great way to spend a weekend. Reenactments, artisan crafts, food, and of course costumes. Seeing people dressed up can be fun and dressing up yourself can be even more fun. You don’t need to have an … Continue reading
Corsets were historically used to hold and form the waistline into an attractive hourglass shape. Though most people think of corsets and undergarments, with some careful wardrobe choices, the corset can also be worn in public. This is what makes the corset special. It can transition from underwear to outerwear with little effort. Here are some ideas on how to wear a corset in public.
1. Lace up your corset over a pretty white blouse. The details on the corset will stand out beautifully against the white fabric. Also, the fabric barrier between you and the corset will make it more comfortable to wear for a long period of time. You can wear an underbust OR overbust corset with this style.
2. Wear your corset with pants or jeans. Pants can ground a corset for every day wear. Make sure the corset is long enough to overlap your pants’ waist. Because a corset is a very sensual article of clothing, it may look a little too inappropriate in public with skin showing. Add a blazer if you wish to cover up a little more.
3. Pair your corset with a pencil skirt and heels. Although this may not be appropriate for work, it is a daring look for a night out on the town.
4. DO consider wearing a corset as part of your wedding ensemble. Pair a white beaded corset over a tea-length or full-length lace skirt. It is a beautiful alternative to the traditional wedding dress.
5. Wear an underbust corset over a v-neck body suit for some added shape and sexuality.
6. Wear a pair of tight cropped pants or hot pants with a corset for an incredibly sexy look. Finish with a pair of dramatic earrings or pretty necklace to draw attention to your face.
Some Corset Don’ts
1. Do not wear the corset with a full skirt (unless for a wedding) or you may look like you are wearing a costume.
2. Stay away from mini skirts with a corset, or you run the risk of looking trashy.
3. Do not wear an underbust corset in public without a shirt underneath.
4. Consider other shoe options aside from boots when wearing a corset. Boots may take your outfit in a cowboy themed direction that you may not want.
Corsets are beautiful and functional pieces of clothing. Once only used for waist trimming and lingerie, they are now major players in the world of fashion. These tips will help you wear your corset in fashionable and alternative ways. Chicastic is a great place to buy all kinds of corsets. If you are looking for one then visit Chicastic to buy one now!